Saturday, February 2, 2008

Letters to your children

Right before I had my first child, I read a great article that I will never forget. The article said to write a letter to your child the day they are born and then continue to write them a letter on each birthday. You put the letter in the mail, so it is postmarked, and keep all the letters to present to your child when they are about 25 years old. We have been doing this for the past 9 years for all 3 of our kids. I write a letter each year as well as my husband, my mom, my dad and my husband's parents. I keep them in a fireproof box and treasure them more than any other item in our home. What a truly amazing treasure to one day give each of our kids:) I am so proud of us that we have actually kept up with this "project". Start this great "project" today...whether you are just having your first child OR if your child is already grown...it is never too late to begin.

There are so many great pieces of stationery you could write these great letters on. Check them out by clicking on our link to stationery items http://www.eventsininkonline.com/categories.asp?category=Stationery

Until next time!
Michelle

3 comments:

ShellyH said...

Thanks for the ADD! I will add a link to your blog on my blog roll! Have a great sunday!

Theresa said...

What a fantastic idea. I only write letters before I am about to fly without my family. I will add your link to my site. I love pink! Theresa

Theresa said...

Hey, are you feeling energetic? Up for a game of tag? If so visit my blog, then tell us seven random things about you. Tag seven others if you want. Theresa