Friday, March 14, 2008

Tea Party

My kids invited my husband and myself, with a handwritten invitation, to their tea party. My oldest daughter purchased a girly cookbook at her school bookfair and was so excited to put it to use. The three of them sat down together and made the invitation (wow, are they following in my footsteps:). Then they looked through the cookbook and picked out their menu. They handed me a list of what they needed at the grocery and we all made the recipes together on a Sunday followed by the family tea party. What fun times! We had chocolate cupcakes topped with strawberry frosting, followed by a topping of cotton candy...yes, you read that correctly. Wow, were they delicious. We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut out in the shape of a heart. We washed everything down with a yummy pink punch. Pictured above are the kids at the party, tea cups and all. These are family memories that will never be forgotten. Take the time today to plan something as a family....you won't regret it!

Until next time,
Michelle

No comments: